Your teeth are built to survive a lifetime, and we can help you achieve this! While regular visits to your family dentistry Edina, MN are necessary to catch small dental issues before they blow up, there are at-home oral health routines you can practice to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
At-Home Oral Health Care
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Brush teeth for at least two minutes twice a day
- Floss between teeth once a day
- Maintain regular visits with your Edina dentist
- Quit smoking or using tobacco products
- Limit alcoholic drinks, since they can dry your mouth and gums
- If you take medications that cause a dry mouth, let your doctor know to see if another medication might be better
- Drink a lot of water for hydration
- Chew sugarless gum for dry mouth
- Let your dentist know immediately if you notice anything unusual with your oral health
- Remember that dark-colored foods and drinks can stain and yellow your teeth
- Brush your tongue to get rid of plaque and harmful bacteria
- Eat crunchy fruits like apples to help polish your teeth and for nutrition
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods and drinks
Ask Your Edina Family Dentist for Tips
At 50th and France Dental Care, we love to provide guidance and helpful advice to patients who may have questions or concerns.
Keeping your teeth and gums healthy and strong can be easy and routine, especially when it becomes a habit. The more you invest in preventing dental problems from occurring, the fewer chances of experiencing a dental emergency or a costly dental procedure.
If it's been a while since your last dental cleaning, give us a call today.